Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Don't throw your trash in my backyard...

This past Saturday I was home with the kids by myself all day and we had a great time!  Hudson made sure I was giggling almost all day.  He surprised me with this song he learned at school.  As soon as I heard it, I thought of my Dad and his distaste for all of the trash people throw on the side of the road.  So this song's for you Daddy-O!....



Jeramy invited Jason to go to the Texan's vs Cowboys game.  So after Hudson and I planted some flowers (he's been asking me to plant flowers for a month now) we turned the game on to see if we could spot Daddy in the crowd.  We had the best time watching the game!!  He was really into it and asked me questions like:

Mama, why did that man just say, "1st and 10"?
Football has always been a little difficult for me to understand and I really don't know all (well maybe any) of the rules.  I decided to point out the numbers marked on the field and tell him how the players were trying to run to the different numbers with the ball before the other team tackled them.  He got the Mommy version of how football is played so it may be completely wrong!

Mama, why are they all piled on top of each other?
I had to answer this question with a disclaimer that this is only done when playing football and that we don't do this to our friends at school.  He's been getting in trouble at school a lot this week for wrestling and hitting.  I may have to have an entire post dedicated to that subject. 

Mama, why isn't Daddy playing on that field?
I had to explain to him that the football players on the field are there because it is their job and no one else is allowed to play on the field with them.
Of course, his follow up question was: Mama, why isn't Daddy's job playing football?
I told him his Daddy hurt his wrist playing football a long time ago so he can't play football as a job.

Then after a little while later he said, "Mama, I wish that one day I could run  and play football on that field and you and Daddy could watch me on tv!!"
This kind of melted my heart...it was so sweet to hear him dreaming out loud.

I also heard lots of, "oooooh!  Mama, they're being really mean!  That's not nice."

Plus a million, bazillion more questions!  He also really loved the commercials!  I have to say, the sports channels have the BEST commercials.  Hudson was laughing so hard that he would get what we have termed 'the giggle-ups' during every commercial break. 

We decided we are going to take Hudson to a game for his birthday!  We bought him a new 'football shirt' and he was sooooo excited.  Infact, the following morning he told me, "Mama, I love you for getting me new spiderman jammies and a football shirt!".

We had a really fun evening together!  Jason also had a lot fun with the guys at the football game.  Thank you Jeramy!!

No comments: