Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

1st Day of Pre-K

Hudson started his 1st day of Pre-K August 23rd!  I was very sad when I received a letter in the mail preparing me for this day.  The letter informed me that Hudson would have to start wearing uniforms in this class.  I was sad because time has flown by and it just seems completely impossible that it should already be time for Pre-K and grown-up uniforms.  However, Hudson was also told at school about his upcoming move and he was THRILLED!!!  Any time you mention the word 'BIG", he gets a surge of excitement and he knew he was moving up to the 'big boy class'.  His excitement made all of my sadness disappear in an instant and I began getting excited about ordering his uniforms and waiting anxiously for them to arrive on our doorstep.  Almost every night from the moment he found out about moving up to Pre-K until Aug. 23rd, we had to measure how big he was on his growth chart!  The first night this started, I was laying beside him in bed telling him a story.  He was prompting my story and this one just happened to be about a dinosaur who was moving into Pre-K at school....hmmm....I wonder how he came up with that idea?!?!  In the middle of our story, he suddenly sat up and asked, "Mama, how big am I?".  Based on where we were in our story and this question...I totally realized the direction his mind was going in.  He jumped out of bed and ran up to the growth chart on his wall.  I had him stand up nice and straight and flat up against the wall.  I told him to step away so I could see the numbers and then I said, "Oh my gosh!!!!  You are 40" and that is exactally how big you need to be to go into the Big Boy Class!!!!".  He put his fists up in the air and yelled, "YAY!!".  He ran and JUMPED back into bed with a very BIG, very proud smile on his face.  He told me had to get some good rest so he could keep growing and then he fell sound asleep.

Here he is getting ready for his first day of BIG Boy Class in his new uniform (the school also gave them new backpacks on their 1st day):

P1040431 P1040433 P1040434
P1040436 P1040437

This was also London's 1st day in the older infants class.  Man, this growing up stuff is hard on a mom!

1 comment:

Jeramy, Terrie, Eli, and Aiden said...

so proud of my little (I mean BIG) Huddy Who!