Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, November 23, 2009

Car stuff---grrr!

I had to have my car towed from the driveway today.  I got in my car to take Hudson to school (I try to take him on Tues. and Thurs. so I can find time to catch up on some sleep) but once I put the key in, my dash flashed a message that said my console was malfunctioning and my car just shut down!  It wouldn't give my key back and since every thing is electronic, my car was completely out of order. I called Jason and he stopped by to look at it on his way to Austin and determined it was very broken.  He called the dealership and they had a tow truck come out to pick it up.  The tow truck arrived but again, since every thing on my car is electronic, he couldn't get it out of park to put it on the truck.  It also self-initiated the emergency brake!  Grrr!  So the next morning they had to send 2 trucks out.  They thought they would have to use one truck to jack it up somehow and then put it on the other truck.  However, the driver that came out that morning was able to shift the car into neutral under the hood but he couldn't get the parking brake off.  I was a little nervous watching them load up my car since my back wheels weren't spinning...just skipping and leaving black marks on my driveway!  The dealership called once they got my car and said they have to replace the entire steering column module!  Good thing it's still under waranty!!  So anyway, Hudson and I spent the day playing with playdough, dancing, crashing matchbox cars, and watching cartoons.  It ended up being a fun, rainy day inside!    




No comments: