Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Hudson's 3rd Birthday! (Part I.)

Hudson has been so excited about his birthday ever since my birthday back in August! I knew we had to do something to make it special even though I knew it would be tough after just having a baby. We waited until the last minute to decide what to do so we would know I was feeling. I've had a pretty good recovery this time around so I felt like I could handle a small party. We had a good turn out despite the last minute invite---thanks so much to our wonderful friends who helped us celebrate and make Hudson's birthday so special!! This is part I. because part II. deserves it's own blog even though it was the same day and same party! Here are the pictures in reverse order again:

Opening presents:

-a Diego talking animal journal from my Dad's side of the family















-a Madagascar movie from Hudson's new friend, Nathan














-a remote control Lightning McQueen car from Jeramy, Terrie, & Eli



















-a Jeff Gordon race care from The Dodd's




















-Hannah & Hallie made Hudson really cute birthday cards



















Hudson was so extremely excited about his Lightning McQueen & Mater cake! He helped me pick it out and was sure to make sure I knew to order chocolate! He and Nathan were using the cars to scoop the icing off their cake and eat it! Kids are so entertaining! The simplest things make them so happy.


































All of the kids enjoying birthday cake!


































Hudson LOVES to sing happy birthday. He couldn't wait for it to be his turn for everyone to sing happy birthday to him!














Terrie and I were in the kitchen talking and we suddenly heard the sound of paper ripping. We turned around and realized the boys decided it was time to open presents. Hudson opened one and he let Nathan open one. Then I grabbed the rest and moved them to higher ground!













Hudson's Lightning McQueen decor and cake:




























2 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUDSON!! Looks like he had a great party.

Valerie said...

Happy 3rd birthday little man!