Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick-or-Treat!

Yeah! Trick-or-treat time!! Hudson had an awesome time this Halloween! It didn't take him long to figure out that if he knocked on the door and tried his best to say "trick-or-treat" or "happy halloween" then he would get candy in his bag. He doesn't get all that excited about the candy because I'm a mean mom and I never let him have any so he doesn't really know what it is. He really enjoyed the process of getting it though! Most of all, he enjoyed handing out the candy to the other kids! That was the best part for him!


He had a strict process (his rules, not ours) that had to be followed...he had to be holding both my hand and Jason's hand (he loves to hold hands now...I love it, it melts my heart every time!) while we walked up to each house & I had to be carrying the bag. Then, we both had to let go, I had to give him his bag back, and he had to knock on the door all by himself. Once he received his candy, he wouldn't go to the next house until we were each holding hands and I had the candy bag.

Here is a picture of his loot:
Our neighbors are so sweet and some of them made Hudson his own special treat bag. Mrs. Dawn, from next door gave him some chips that he was eager to eat. Again, I'm a mean mom and he doesn't get to eat chips very often (only sometimes, so he does know what they are and he loves them) so they were an exciting treat for him. Here he is showing me his chip and saying, "chip, mama, chip!".Waiting on pins and needles for more kids to come to our door...
Still eating his chips...
Digging into the candy bucket to give candy to the kids outside! He really loved this part!! hehehe, his spider legs crack me up! : )



Here he is calling out, "kids, candy, kkkkiiiiiddddddssss!!!!!". And soon, there were more kids! We had a good steady stream until he was so tired he just couldn't do it anymore and I had to put him to bed. He actually told me he was sleepy and asked for his bed...you know that's pretty tired when a 2yr. old asks to go to bed! It was a very Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks Hudson had a very Happy Halloween! He looked adorable in his spider costume. Thanks for coming to my Halloween party! I had a blast!

Unknown said...

Looks like Hudson had a very Happy Halloween! He looked adorable in his spider costume. Thanks for coming to my Halloween party! I had a blast, hope you did too!

Welcome to the Cox Family collection said...

oh my gosh...Hudson is just too cute!! I love his little personality!!

Lincoln said...

Hudson is such a cutie-pa-tootie! I love his trick-or-treat bag! I can't wait to have a play date!