Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Trip to the Dentist

Let me start off by saying I am WaaaaaY behind on the blog!  I have a camera full of pictures just itching to be uploaded and put on here.  My goal for the weekend is to get caught up!  So, hopefully I will have lots of new stuff waiting for you to read and enjoy by next week. : )

I took the pictures below on my phone so I have access to them at work.  It's Friday and I feel like procrastinating at work so I'm posting this blog instead.....ssshhhhhh, don't tell my boss! 

Hudson went to the dentist for his scheduled teeth cleaning on Tuesday.  I had been psyching him up for it so he was really excited.  I think I've described his dentist and the office before so you may already know it's a pretty cool place.  I went to pick him up at school and he excitedly told everyone on our way out that he was going to the dentist!  They all looked at me with big eyes as if they were thinking, "Wow, what did you tell this kid about the dentist to make him so excited?!?!".  We walked into the dentist office and he quickly greeted the ladies at the front desk.  He said, "Hi!  I'm Hudson Holladay!  I'm here to see the dentist.  I'm going to have fun here!".  They all fell in love with him at that moment and they carried on quite an entertaining conversation with him until he spotted the Guitar Hero guitars in the waiting room.  We went to check out the guitars and another little boy joined us in the waiting room.  The littel boy, Colton, was a little out of control but Hudson was glad to see him there and told me he was his friend.  He walked over to him and introduced himself.  Before we knew it, it was time to head back to the dentist chair!  Hudson couldn't wait to get on the chair/bed.  He got to watch Dora while they cleaned his teeth.  All of the staff were amazed at how good he was and kept coming by to tell him how much they liked him or just to chat with him.  At one point, he looked up at the lady cleaning his teeth and told her he liked her!  Then he pointed to me and introduced me to her as his mom.  He won over a lot of hearts that day and made a lot of people smile.  The little boy we met in the waiting room was not as excited about the dentist as Hudson was.  I could see his mom looking over at Hudson with envy as her son screamed his head off.  She kept telling him to look over at Hudson and see how good he was doing but that just made him cry harder.  Hudson walked away with a new lunch bag, a green (his favorite color) toothbrush, floss, toothpaste, lots of stickers, lots of new friends, and a Good Brusher Certificate!  He was very proud!  He even made friends with the UPS guy as we were leaving.  The UPS guy took the time to tell Hudson all about his job and answer all of Hudson questions about his truck.  As we walked away and headed to our car, Hudson looked back at the UPS man, and said, "Momma, that's my new friend.".  He is such a social little guy!  Afterwards, we grabbed some lunch and had a little picnic in my car before I took him back to school!  It was a great day!  I think I smiled all day long as I thought about our little trip to the dentist and how happy Hudson made everyone there.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is the cutest story ever! Hudson has such a great personality and is so outgoing!