Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 27, 2010

St. Patty's Day 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  I hope you all had a day full of good luck!  This was the first year Hudson really understood when I told him he had to wear a green shirt so he wouldn't get pinched.  Although, he didn't really understand WHY if he wore green he wouldn't get pinched.  I wasn't really sure what the actual reasoning was behind this so of course I Googled it when I got to work so I would be more prepared next time he asked me this question...because he will!  What did we do before Google??  We are all so much smarter for it!  So why does green protect us from getting pinched you say?  Well, the best explaination I found was that way back in the 1800's people truly believed in Leprechauns and believed they liked to pinch people.  They thought that if you wore green, you would be hidden from them and they wouldn't see you to pinch you.  I feel like there is still a lot missing from this story but I figured I better stop searching for Leprechaun stories on the internet and start working!  Maybe one day I'll find a more complete story!  Until then...here are a couple pictures of my Lucky Charms:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute! I never knew why we wore green either! ha ha! Too funny!