Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Let's Go Fly A Kite...

So it's been a while since I've posted anything...again! I'm a blame shifter so I'll start with excuse number 1: Blame Jason: Jason recently got a new desk for our home office and suddenly he decided our PC (granted we've had it since our college days) is no longer worthy of sitting on his desk. I came home one day to find it packed up and put away so now we are down to just our lap top...which he is always on. I think this is his way of trying to convince me that we need a new Mac computer. Excuse number 2: I lost my transfer cord to my camera...again!! I swear I have truly lost my brain with this pregnancy! Those of you who see me often know exactly what I'm talking about! ; )

Now, on to the reason you are all here...my little Huddy Buddy! We took Hudson to go fly a kite for the first time. We were all very excited for this event. Especially Hudson! He did not stop asking us to take him to the store to buy a kite from the moment we mentioned it. He told us he wanted a green one...this seems to be his favorite color. We made our way to Wal-mart but it took us forever to find a kite. Finally, we found a Buzz Lightyear kite and luckily it had some green on it and a green tail. Hudson would not let go of it and had to hold it all the way to the park. We made it to the park and put the kite together and Hudson was on pins and needles to "fly" his kite. However, his excitement quickly turned to frustration when his Daddy would not let him "fly" his kite. We were trying to get it in the air so we could hand over the control to him but that was not what he wanted. It took us a while to realize why he was so upset. We finally figured out that he thought he was going to get to fly ON his kite. He kept telling us he wanted to go up in the sky and fly. So as you can imagine, actually flying a kite was quite disappointing to him. He quickly lost interest and we played on the playground instead. It is funny to realize how kids see everything in such a literal sense.






2 comments:

Lincoln said...

It's so cute to realize how young minds work. He is such a handsome prince!

Unknown said...

That is hilarious!!!