Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oh Londie Lu...

August 2011


I feel like a broken record as I continually catch myself telling people London is a feisty one but boy is she!  This girl does not lack personality! 

She finds dinner time to be entertainment time.  I think she feels like her special chair puts her on a bit of a stage.  She makes faces, sings songs, talks non-stop, and usually tells us how much she doesn't like her food...."I don't like it!" she says.  Unless there is ketchup for her to stick her fingers in and then she tells us, "I like ketchup! mmmm!".  She's also a big fan of chicken, lunch meat (not on a sandwich), and fruit.  Right now her fruit of choice is either grapes or apples.

She is suddenly Ms. Independent.  We constantly hear, "No, I do it!".  She wants to walk into school (no more carrying her) with her backpack on, holding Hudson's hand...soooooo cute!  She must walk up and down the stairs all by herself.  If you try to help her in or out of a vehicle, you can be sure a tantrum will ensue.  However, she is still super, duper snugly and sweet as pie.

She is a major girlie girl.  She finally loves hair bows and she has a major shoe addiction.  She loves walking around with a purse and sunglasses.  She loves anything soft that she can hold close, wrap around herself, or feel with her fingers.  She's a girlie girl...no doubt. 

She gets in trouble a lot for saying, "Hush your mouth!".  I've decided to start ignoring her because getting onto her only makes her say it more.  It is very hard to discipline her because she is a little parrot. If I say, "London, no!", she says, "Mommy, no!".  It goes on and on so I just have to put her in time out and hope she gets the point.

She is very, very smart.  She has been able to count to 10, knows all of her basic shapes and colors, and can say her ABC's ever since late/spring early summer.  She has already started to memorize her favorite books.  Some of which include: Brown Bear, Good Night Moon, and Little Princess.  She LOVES books.  We usually have to read through nearly every book she has when I sit down to read with her.  She also LOVES puzzles and it amazes me how fast she can do some of the more difficult ones.  She also really wants to start sitting on the potty all of the time.  She gets really mad if I'm in a hurry when changing her diaper and I don't let her sit on the potty for a while after I take her diaper off.  HOPEFULLY this is a sign she'll be easy to potty train when she gets just a little bigger.

1 comment:

Anni said...

She definitely has a great personality. She is so much fun!! I can't wait to see her again this summer. I do however have a feeling that her and Emma are going to get into some trouble together :) Oh, memories!!