Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, April 1, 2011

Travis' Dairy Farm Birthday Party

Another birthday party we always look forward each year is Travis'!  I told his mom she is one of my creativity idols!! I always wonder how she will out-do herself each year!  I really didn't think last year's painting party could have been topped but I think she trumped it with the dairy farm party.  Her family owns the Seber Dairy farm which is about 5 miles from our house.  It couldn't have been a more perfect day to spend outside enjoying the country life.  I had just as much fun as all of the kids!

The party started out by everyone picking a basket out of a feeding trough as they arrived.  Then we all filled our baskets with fresh strawberries that we picked out of the garden!  Yummy!!


Hudson was thrilled that a lady bug landed on his finger!

They had all sorts of baby birds out for the kids to hold and pet: baby chicks, baby ducks,  & a baby goose.  Hudson's absolutely favorite part of the day was the baby chicks.  He couldn't get enough of them!  He was so gentle.  Actually, he was so worried that he might hurt one of them that he couldn't bring himself to be aggressive enough to catch one.  I would scoop them up and put them in his hands and he would fall in love with each one.  He kept asking me why they didn't have names.  He wanted to name one Fuzzy.  When he would put them down, he was always sure to place them by their food in case they were hungry or thirsty.  He's always so thoughtful! 




He got to pet a bunny:
 He got to feed  a calf with a bottle of milk:
 He and the rest of the kids had endless fun playing in this trough full of corn kernels:
Then it was time to tour the farm on a hay ride!







After all of that playing, it was time to enjoy some yummy food, eat cupcakes, break the pinata, and fill up our awesome goody bags:




We had so much fun on the farm helping Travis celebrate his 4th birthday!  Poor London had to stay home with Daddy because she has been teething and took an extra long nap that day. 

3 comments:

All My Happy Endings said...

I'm green with envy -- how fun!

Wenni Donna said...

He is absolutely adorable! I just can’t stop looking at him. God bless him! It’s a nice place and it looks a lot like one of the event venues Chicago where I celebrated my kid’s birthday. She loves doing all of this too and I am so proud to have her in my life.

Anonymous said...

شركة نظافة بالدمام
شركة نظافة منازل بالدمام