Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Visit with Emily & Fam (Days 3 & 4)

 On Saturday, our third day, we lounged around the house and played with the babies until Bernd came home from work.  Then we went to a really cool Pumpkin Festival!  There were lots of carnival rides, hay rides, horse and carriage rides, a corn maze, pumpkin launching, games, food, and lots and lots of pumpkins!!  We enjoyed walking around, taking pictures, and we went for a carriage ride.  Again, it was a beautiful day so it was a perfect way to get out and enjoy the weather!
P1040556
An exhausted London catching some zzz's before we head out for some more adventures (See her bow laying above her head?  It is nearly impossible to keep on bow on her head now.).
P1040557
Here we are driving to the Pumpkin Fest.  The trees there were already beautiful shades of yellow, orange, and red.  It is mostly farm land in the area around Buffalo.  Emily told me that the vegetable stands in front of the farms will have a bucket/box where people drop their money in and take their fruit/vegetables!  Now that is trusting!!
P1040558

Emily and Bernd have this awesome twin stroller.  It looked super comfy!  London got to enjoy the ride while we strolled around the festival.  Look at the giant pumpkins!!
P1040560 P1040565
Adler and Bodhi looking super cute in their pumpkin hats!
P1040568
Londie Lu in the pumpkins!
P1040569 P1040571 P1040572 P1040573 P1040574 P1040578
Some tired babies!!
 P1040579

Emily was so nice to take me out to see the Falls before we had to head home the next day.  We went late in the day so I saw the falls all lit up at night.  It was breath takingly beautiful!  We walked through the park and around the horseshoe of the falls. 
P1040581 P1040585 P1040587 P1040592

London had some paparazzi waiting for her there!  I don't know why someone would want to take a picture with a stranger's baby but multiple people did!  And they wanted to kiss her and take pictures of them kissing her!!  She didn't seem to mind so I let them snap away! : )  In the 2nd picture, that is Emily taking pictures of London but the lady sitting next to her is another person who wanted to kiss London and take pictures with her!  She also wished London a Happy Birthday about a hundred times! hehe!
P1040594 P1040599

Here we are at the airport not so bright but very early the next morning to head back home.  The ticket lady insisted I hang on to London's car seat so I didn't wake her up.  However, she couldn't stop peeking in at London and completely pulled down all of the shades I had pulled up on the stroller/car seat and the lights woke London up.  So the lady, who was very nice and I know had only good intentions, insisted on taking pictures of us before we left for our gate!  She said London had to have a picture at the airport of her trip to Buffalo!  So here we are on our way home...We had a fabulous trip and I really enjoyed spending time with Emily and her family!  Her boys are total cuties and they both have awesome smiles!!  I can't wait to watch them grow through the years!  Thank you so much for letting us come visit!

P1040601
A little more braggin on my baby girl...on the last flight home, we had an isle seat and we were one of the first ones on the plane.  Every single person, man, woman, old and young said something to London or to me about London.  The lady next to me asked me if it was driving me crazy that every single person had to say something to me.  I told her it didn't bother me and that I just took it as a compliment.  She said, "Well, at least you know you don't have any ugly baby!  If she wasn't so cute, everyone would just walk right by.".

No comments: