Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Julio

We have had a visitor for about 3 weeks now and his name is Julio!  We are dog sitting for Shawna and Jeff while they try to sell their house.  Hudson loves Julio!  When he first arrived at our house, Hudson thought Julio was his dog.  We tried and tried to explain to him that he was just here to visit but he would tell us, "No.  He's my dog.".  Jason told him he would get him his own dog but he responded with, "That's okay.  Mr. Jeff already did.".  I think he is starting to understand more that Julio will have to go back to his home but he still calls him his doggy and tells him he loves him.  He gets so excited every morning and afternoon to let Julio out of his kennel so they can play.  Julio has reminded Hudson of Eli though.  Just yesterday he told me he wanted Eli back.  Eli has been gone for a year now and Hudson still hasn't forgotten him.  About a month or so ago he asked me if Eli was feeling better and if we could go get him back from the doctor.  I almost burst into tears.  I told him Eli was  in doggie Heaven and he has a special job to be a doggie angel now.  He asked me if we could go to Heaven to see him and pick him up from work.  I told him I wished we could and then I carefully changed the subject.  : ( 


2 comments:

Emily said...

They have the same smile...think you may be buying a new doggie.

Unknown said...

Awww that brings tears to my eyes!