Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter!

**Happy Birthday to Aunt Jean!! Welcome baby Sunny Michelle Barnett! (proud parents: Brian & Sam Barnett)**
Unfortunately we all had strep the week of Easter. The weekend before Easter, Hudson woke up feeling really sick. It got worse throughout the weekend and eventually he was completely red and burning up. He was so sick he could barely move. I took him to the doctor first thing on Monday and found out he had strep with scarlet fever. Luckily he got better just in time to make it back to school for his egg hunt.


I'm pretty sure that Easter is Hudson's favorite holiday now! The Thurs. before Easter, he had an egg hunt at school. I had to take in some pre-filled plastic eggs and I found some that were filled with little bottles of bubbles. As soon as Hudson saw the packages of eggs he latched onto them and carried them around with him everywhere he went. When it was time to take the eggs to school I was a little worried that he was going to have a terrible time handing them over for the egg hunt. However, as he walked into his class with his eggs cliched tight, his teacher asked him if she could see his eggs. He held on tightly to one package and held out the other one for her to see. She saw that the eggs were filled with bubbles and excitedly announced it to the class. All of the kids started chanting "bubbles, bubbles!". Hudson looked back at me with the proudest look on his face that he was the kid that brought the eggs with bubbles and he quickly handed over the 2nd bag of eggs to his teacher to share with everyone! (I guess because I was so sick I never took any pictures of Hudson and his Easter basket from school. That seems impossible because it had to go everywhere with us...even if we left the house. He is still playing with it even 2 weeks later so I'll just get some delayed pics!)

Again, since I had been out sick with Hudson and for myself, I didn't get to leave work to go watch Hudson's egg hunt. I ran into Travis' mom the other day though and she told me she has lots of pictures of Hudson hunting eggs that she will give me. She said he was one of the best egg hunters because he was so serious about it! (That is so him!) She said he was just in the zone cruising along and putting as many eggs in his basket as he could. Whereas, Travis (her son), stopped to check out and examine what was inside of each of his eggs before even thinking about looking for another one. It's so cute how you can see their little personalities at 2 years old!

No comments: