Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Baby #2

Now that I am back up and running with my camera/computer, I can officially announce on the blog that we are expecting Baby #2! Hudson is going to be a Big Brother!! Here is my ultrasound picture from 10 wks and 4 days. I am actually getting another ultrasound today because the measurements they need to take have to be done between 12 and 13 weeks and I wasn't quite far enough along last time. I think my due date will be Oct. 24th but I'll find out for sure today. We showed the picture to Hudson and right away he knew it was a baby. He said, "Baby sleeping, mama". Then we tried to tell him the baby was in my belly and his eyebrows went together and he got really confused. He had a look on his face like he was questioning if I ate the baby or something! Since then, we've talked to him more about there being a baby in my belly and now he is super sweet and he'll raise up my shirt to give the baby kisses on my belly. Then he'll just kind of stand there and rub my belly or pat it gently and sometimes he'll lay his head there to give the baby a hug! It melts my heart!!



We've had a lot of rain lately and we finally got a perfect sunny day to spend at the park!


Here is Jason pretending he is a kid again! That's why I love him!


Racing to the playground!

Since we have gotten so much rain, the pond at the park was really flooded so it made a big marshy area surrounding the water. There were all kinds of water snakes swiming around there! Hudson thought they were so cool so we walked all around the piers hunting for more snakes.

5 comments:

Lincoln said...

I am so happy for all of you! I have always said that you and Jason were the type of people that should be populating the world. You are both beautiful people, both inside and out. I can already tell that Hudson is following in your footsteps and is an amazing little guy. He is going to be a great big brother!

Valerie said...

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! !

I am so excited for you and your family! If you think Hudson's affection to his baby sibling is heart warming now, just wait till that little baby gets here! I am tearing up just thinking about it!

I am looking forward to the pregnancy chronicles!

Cailin and Chase said...

Lets see some prego pictures of you!! I'm so happy for you guys. We need to hang out soon!

Jeramy, Terrie, Eli, and Aiden said...

I am so excited!!! I can't wait to hear more about the little one in the oven! Huddy Who will be a wonderful big bro. We need to get together!

oh-- yucky snakes! makes me squirm! Cant stand snakes! I wouldnt have gotten anywhere near them to take a pic-- brave soul!

Unknown said...

Congrats Gretty and Jason!!! I can't wait to find out if it is a boy or girl. Hudson is going to be such a good big brother!