Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Patty

I don't have any pictures of Hudson yet for this week so I thought I'd highlight our fish. After all, he is a solo fish in a bowl and is limited on the love he receives. This is the fish I bought for Jason's birthday last year. It was supposed to be for his office at work but he was afraid it would get neglected there so it has made its home on our kitchen counter.

After an entire year, I have finally given it a name: Patty! This is why-If you look back on my postings, August 10, 2008: Splish Splash Sunday, this was a miracle day for Patty. Jason was cleaning the fish bowl out and put the fish in a blue cup. He left the fish in the cup on the counter so that the water in the bowl could get to room temperature. Mike and Lindsay invited us to go swimming with them so we left the fish in the cup while we went swimming. When we got back home, we started cooking dinner and I realized I needed to run the dish washer so we would have more clean cups/glasses. I was hurrying and without realizing I dumped out the blue cup of water (and the fish) down the drain...the side with the garbage disposal!!! I never even noticed the fish pour out of the cup. I finished loading the dishwasher and started it up. Once dinner was finished and we started eating, Lindsay reminded us to put our fish back in his bowl. All of the sudden it hit me that I dumped him down the garbage disposal! Jason quickly ran to the sink and felt around for the fish...luckily I never used the disposal. The fish was still alive and flopping. Jason was able to grab it and toss it back into its bowl. It swam around as if nothing ever happened. So because of this day, I think this fish has some crazy good luck to survive about 15-20 minutes in a garbage disposal. I didn't want to call him "Lucky" b/c that is too common. I got Patty from the lucky St. Patrick.

Patty story #2: My parents were here visiting and I made a crab quiche for breakfast one morning. I was helping Hudson eat his and said, "here, take a bite of fish (i.e. crab)". Hudson suddenly started getting upset and said, "No fish! No fish!". He started crying and pointing to the fish bowl. He thought we were feeding him poor little Patty! I've been careful not to talk about eating fish ever since.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the name!!! I can't believe he survived. That is hilarious that Hudson thought you were going to eat Patty! Too funny!