Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor Day Weekend Adventure

Well, after being in the shop almost all summer, we finally got our jet ski back. We had been looking foward to taking it out on the lake all week. We knew Hudson would love driving it...and he did! However, after we made our way to the other side of the lake, it completely died on us. Jason, Hudson, & I were all sadly stranded out on the lake. Right before we left the dock Jason made me take my camera and phone back to the truck so we wouldn't risk damaging them with the water so we couldn't call anyone to help. Luckily, a super nice lady and her daughter cruised by and after realizing that we weren't just being extra friendly by waving at them they turned around to tow us to shore. As we neared the lake's edge, she slowed the boat down to get further directions. We didn't pay attention to the slack that formed in the rope towing us (we were still on the jet ski) and when she took off again it flipped all 3 of us into the lake!! Luckily it happened slowly enough for me to realize what was happening and I clutched Hudson as tight as I could as we went under. We all survived and made it back to the boat dock. Hudson was very brave and never even cried or got upset at all...I think he actually enjoyed the crash into the water! Anyone want to buy a jet ski?!?!?! : )





2 comments:

Gwen said...

oh my! That sounds super scary! Glad Hudson was ok, and not scared!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry you guys had a bad wave runner experience but at least someone finally came to help you guys. Hudson is such a big boy not getting upset or anything! Sucks your wave runner is broken again though :(