Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

School Egg Hunt

The Thursday before Easter was the egg hunt at school!  The kids had been busy making their egg baskets all week and were eager to fill them up! 

I arrived in time to capture a couple pictures of all the eggs left by the Easter bunny that would soon be snatched up in a matter of seconds!



I went into London's class first and they told me the big kids would be going first.  I took London with me to go watch Hudson so she could learn how this egg hunting thing is done!

 Hudson's class was all lined up at the door with their baskets in hand!  The were ready!!!  They couldn't wait to see all of the eggs waiting for them on the other side of the door. 
 Since Hudson has been so good at school, he has been made the official door holder and he is very proud of that job.  He had to hold the door for everyone else as the went outside to start gathering eggs.  If it had been me, I would have been all upset that everyone else was getting a headstart.  Not Hudson.  He was proud to do his job!
 Then he was off!!  However, I have to say, he was not the most aggressive egg gatherer.  He was more concerned about finding the perfect egg to give to London!  He found her a big pink Dora egg.  What a sweet brother!  I kept trying to tell him not to check out each egg but to grab as many as he could! 
 He started grabbing faster once he realized how quickly all of the eggs were disappearing!
 Then it was London's turn and she did learn by watching Hudson!  She also wanted to check out each egg and see what was inside before moving on to the next one.  Once she opened one up she would, in true London fashion, quickly and sharply throw it into the bag and move on.

 It didn't take her long to get distracted by the treehouse and decide it would be more fun to play than pick up eggs and put them in a bag. 
 It was a fun egg hunt and I think I enjoyed watching the kids as much as they enjoyed being outside and hunting Easter eggs!

No comments: