Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Frosty Boaster & Dogbite

I was sitting outside grilling and watching the kids play when I looked over and noticed this little turtle sleeping behind our flower pot.
 Hudson asked if we could keep him.  We didn't have anything to keep him in so he spent the night in our bathtub...sadly, probably terrified.  The next day, Jason went to PetCo to look for an aquarium for him.  However, after talking to the reptile department, he realized keeping a turtle is A LOT of work.  More work than we would like to take on at this point.  So instead, he brought home a box for him and we turned it into a temporary home.  Hudson named him Frosty Boaster Holladay and we kept him for one week before letting him go to live in our backyard again. 

Our next temporary pet was Dogbite Holladay (another excellent name by Hudson...he has a gift.).  Dogbite was (is) a chameleon that Hudson caught after returning home from the grocery store on Mother's Day.  He saw it sunbathing on our fence he surprised himself when he reached down and caught it on the first try.  I truly don't think I've EVER seen him this proud of himself.  He began shouting, "I caught my first lizard!!  I caught my first lizard!!"  He had the absolute biggest smile on his face and I think it was there all night long.  I'm sure he even dreamed of lizards when he was sleeping that night.  In a bargaining attempt with his Dad the following morning, Hudson managed to talk Jason into letting him take the lizard to school in exchange for letting him go when he came home that day.  I'm betting the school wasn't especially pleased when they came walking in to class with a lizard in a jar but the kids loved it and Hudson was truly proud.  We he came home that evening he went to let the lizard go but the lizard was content hanging out with Hudson.  Hudson kept telling us that Dogbite loved him and they were buddies!  They walked around together all evening until it was time to eat dinner and say goodnight. 


2 comments:

All My Happy Endings said...

Perhaps Hudson should name our son!

HS2College said...

I love Hudson! I can't wait to see the adventures that await Terrie and I with our boys!